Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Do you expect or hope?

This blog is the eventuality of something happened with me last week.Question was asked why do you expect? I didn't have the answer but I realized later why shouldn't I expect?

I believe that Expectation and hope both are same but earlier is considered to be a devil and later as an angel made by us.But why do we have such bias? Our inner sense always talks about expectation but outwardly we always pretend to hope.

I would ask some question to all rational human beings including me.
1)Do you expect your wife should be faithful to you or you just hope?
2)Do you expect your child should be disciplined or you just hope?
3)Do you expect your colleagues and your team should be honest to you or you just hope?
4)Do you expect your child will provide you all assistance during your old age or you hope?
5)Do you expect your true friend always help in need, must concern about you or you hope?

For me the answer to all above questions and lot more which are part of our life is I should expect not hope.

Why should I not say I expect myself to be topper of the class instead of using hope? This seems to be an arrogant instead of humbleness.
Why shouldn't I say I hope I will get a U in that course instead of using expect? One word can make you an honest to fool though both are same.

We believe those who always hope are optimists and those who expects are pessimist because we always use that word when you have fear of some thing is going to happen bad or low, but all goes well we suddenly change our view that" I hope and I get". We pretend.

All relationships existing on this earth are unexplained, unwritten agreements which has its own implicit terms and conditions. All agreements are bound to have expectations. Expectations can be mild or strong. If mild expectations are shattered , a person can ignore but when strong are broken it leads to pain and frustration. But I say these things happen because we keep ignoring expressing our expectations . We must express but at the same time your opposite must understand and take in positive sense and must address your expectations and also give remedy to your grievances.One should not ignore by saying "He/she expects a lot" instead tell him/her this is my limit up to which I can address.

I believe we should have expectations but always below a level your opposite can tolerate.Some people give gender bias to expectations saying these expectations are of "Female Category " . Stop this bull shit gender reservation!! This is true that female expects a lot but why they do no one try to understand that they care and concern a lot to whom they love, which male can't do. We male must appreciate that thing and also learn.

I want your honest opinion on this and a healthy criticism.

Do expect for the things which are legitimate and bring you happiness and do hope for those things which can increase your present happiness now or in future.
Stop feeling wrong about those who express their expectations because they express to those whom they feel close to them.

2 comments:

Amar 'Galib' Jawa said...

Just to answer the title question of your post:

Sometimes I hopefully expect & sometimes I expectedly hope.

Don't take me wrong,I am not trying to be smart by saying this, I do mean it. Let me think of some relevant examples and I will explain this in detail. Meanwhile, I would like to see others' views on your post. :)

Gaurav Kumar Jain said...

Galib: You are a smart diplomat :).